Saturday, September 27, 2008

Patterns and toronto

So, after my allergy shots yesterday, I ran a few errands. The last of these errands landed me on Innes Rd, and since I wasn't ready to go home yet (plus it was the beginning of rush hour, so the way to downtown would be hell), I decided to keep heading east, and ended up randomly picking major roads in Orleans, until I found myself on St. Joseph, and decided that since I'm all the way out here, why not head to Wool n' Things? I spent a good hour and a half looking through pattern books, and then the great big pattern binders. I was delighted by the pattern binders, and the fact that they have a really different selection than I found at the other 3 stores.

I bought Evening in Eden by cabin fever, a lace wrap that I plan on knitting as a scarf instead (half the repeats wide), since I just don't have that much yarn, plus with my attention span the project would have no chance otherwise! :P I think I'll use my cashsoft dk.

I also bought Fine Filigree Fingerlings by HeartStrings, gorgeous fingerless mitts. Oh so elegant and lovely!

Honestly, I really really need to stop going to yarn stores for a while, and actually knit at least one thing I have in full, BUT I'm headed to Toronto for a couple of days just after the weekend, so I'm bound to head to one of the stores. The only question is which.

I've been to Romni once, and was completely overwhelmed by it, but then it was in the middle of a massive heat wave, and their air-conditioning was broken, and I only knit with non-wool things at the time, so it's probably worth another visit. But I'm also tempted by Lettuce Knits, to which I've never been. I visited Passion Knit last fall, when I spent an entire day walking down yonge (from davisville through to somewhere ridiculously further north), but didn't really like it much.

Perhaps the Wool Mill if I go to visit my friend who now lives on Danforth? Or the Naked Sheep which has a sale on, PLUS has a knit-in in the afternoon on Tuesday? Oh boy, the choices!!!

No comments: