Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Am the Yarn Molester

I went to the Wool Tyme warehouse sale for the first time this morning. It was interesting to look, but I found most of the prices too high even at the discounted rates, and very little yarn that appealed to me anyways (with the except of the pure cashmere, which was half off at $19 a very small hank!) Most of the yarns were either cotton or really terribly scratchy icky wools. Perhaps because I do most of my yarn shopping at Knit-Knackers, and online, I expected the deep discount prices to be different, but instead they were consistent with what Knit-Knackers sells them for every day, and in fact I noticed a massive overlap in the specific brands, since Knit-Knackers mostly specializes in discontinued yarns.

So I drove downtown and went and molested yarn for a good hour or two at Knit-Knackers, and ended up coming home with 10 balls, 7 of which were London Tweed (needful yarns) in 4 different colours, since they didn't have many multiples in the same colour, and a couple of oddballs of aran-weight stuff for making more pairs of fetching.

Now it's time to get down to the task of sorting and stashing the new yarns, plus the bag of yarns we discovered we'd missed when doing a massive organizational of the stash (and the whole room). I should have stopped by Canadian Tire to buy some more plastic boxes, since I don't think I'll have enough room to fit the last of this in!

No comments: