Sunday, September 21, 2008

Forget the glass slipper, I've got an alpaca-blend mitt!

I recently finished my first ever pair of Fetching, which I've been admiring since I first discovered the pattern years and years ago. I had avoided starting a cable project for so long, thinking it would be way too difficult, only to discover in February that it's one of the easiest skills to learn in knitting. It's easier than nearly any plain pattern, since it keeps me engaged, but it's simple enough to memorise the pattern.

So finally earlier this month, when my fingers were frozen solid as they so often are, I decided to take the plunge and finally cast on. Within a few days I was done my first mitt, and then after a mini-hibernation, due to an insanely busy, stressful, and, in the end, heartbreaking week, I finally picked the second one back up, and finished it 2 days later. I loved how easy the pattern was, but how beautiful they look! Unfortunately, they're too small for my chubby hands (they're all stretched out and URGLY), so I now need to find someone who fits them well. I suspect for several of my friends they'll be to big, since so many people in the comments section talked about how huge they turned out on their hands. So, here I am, transforming into the Prince from Cinderella, searching for the girl whose hands will fit just right!

No comments: